(Vs. 9) “There shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings.”
If ever there has been a picture painted to describe American in our day. It is painted for us by these words in Hosea chapter 4.
- 1. This is a message to God`s people, delivered at God`s direction by God`s prophet Hosea.
- 2. This same message is being kept in store, though, God said that it would happen again. Look at this message in verse 9 again.
Notice a few things:
- I. The Condition of The People
- A. Destroyed for lack of knowledge
- 1. Not learning
- a. Rejecting truth – world in church
- b. Rejecting truth – church for the world
- 2. Not being taught
- a. What is sin
- b. Not to sin
- II. The Cause of This Condition (vs. 8 )
- A. Why preachers will not preach on some things
- 1. They desire reward
- 2. They are living in sin themselves
- III. The Consequences (vs. 9 punishment – judgment)
- IV. Most Church Folks Just Aren`t Saved
- A. That is why they can live in sin
- B. That is why they are unfruitful
- C. That is why they usually don`t care